Parted Conductor Repair
Lake Pontchartrain Causeway – World’s Longest Bridge over Water
- Operating under the authority of the Greater New Orleans Expressway Commission; the North and Southbound parallel bridges provide a key transportation artery crossing Lake Pontchartrain to New Orleans
- Over 23.5 miles in length (World’s Longest Bridge Over Water)
- Supported by over 9,000 (54) inch Raymond Cylinder Pilings
- MADCON has performed the work on all five major contracts to repair over 2,500 pilings.
- The repair process consisted of MADCON’s SCR Type 1 encapsulation with a translucent fiberglass jacket which is pumped from the bottom up with epoxy grout.
- The first contract was in 1996. These encapsulations are now 24 years old and in perfect condition.